The Storm




I am stretched past the point of wonder. 
not knowing what's past this point, screams and tears through the thunder!
it's obviously made a loud but unclear rumble.
makes my world crumble with each and every stumble.
no warnings, no signs, just confident  reactions.
built up through reoccurring distractions.
Expectations for me to pretend it never happened,  nothing to resolve.
maybe with self-medication in time the pain will just eventually dissolve. 
I sit and wait for a sense of understanding maybe even an apology but nothing was ever spoken.
You're right I'm no Angel but I can hear my wings being torn and broken.
Debris gathers in the distance big and rotten.
Don't worry I'll be okay just a few more of these oxycotin
Could anybody overcome being this pushed and Tangled
Does anyone even care to see that my heartstrings pour out and start to dangle
I'm still here but being told I'm stupid for not moving.
Maybe it's my damn pride and this point isn't worth proving.
Now it's like domino's, another feel toward the end.
I guess it'll be enough when my heart has nothing left to defend.
I may come out with some resentment for allowing my self-esteem to take these extra hits.
This was no Battle of the witts, 
My damn mind is on the fritz.
No one seems to stop the unnecessary blows.
But I can feel each hit deeper the scar tissue grows.
Has all the darkness in me burnt up all the good and care.
Damn did I strut too far without paying my fare.
Now only a reminder of ponder and despair.

No comments: